Saturday, March 31, 2012

Depressed Dog Hates Rainy Days

Although I love it, Astrea is not a fan of rainy days. She refuses to go out unless she absolutely has to, but she also doesn't like to play indoor games, so she's very unhappy today.


2012-03-31 14.26.37

Friday, March 30, 2012

Certified Pre-Owned Event

I'm a sucker for good marketing, and this is a great promotion by the Sacramento Area Animal Shelters! It's very tempting and going to take a lot of willpower to not go bring a new kitty home as a birthday present to myself. If you're looking to bring home a new member of your family, check out any of the shelters featured in this video THIS WEEKEND!



Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lucky Dog Saves His Own Life!

This is an incredible story, but it also confirms all my paranoia about cords, strings and other household items that seem fine but can be deadly. One of my friends laughed at me because I keep all the cords for the blinds hung up and out of the way because I have a terrible fear that Ora will get caught in them and choke. I also keep plastic bags safely stored under the kitchen sink where they can't get to them after hearing about a dog that suffocated itself playing with a plastic bag while his owners were at work. I never even considered phone cords, mainly because I don't have any but... here's a very lucky dog who will give us all a reminder to make sure our homes are safe for our pets while they're home alone.

Choking dog saves its own life by dialing 999

By ALASTAIR TAYLOR
Last Updated: 28th March 2012

COPS who raced to a house after hearing desperate heavy breathing during an emergency call found a DOG had rung 999 while strangling itself with the telephone wire.

George, the two-year-old Basset Hound, had knocked the phone to the floor and got entangled in the wire — winding it round his neck. And he panicked so much he incredibly managed to ring 999 as he pawed at the phone trying to free himself.

The emergency operator alerted police who dashed to the empty home of driving instructor Steve Brown and his daughter Lydia, 18 on Saturday night. They were preparing to smash down the door when a family friend from a nearby house ran out with a key to let them in.

Four officers sprinted through the house in South Hiendley, West Yorkshire, searching the rooms. And then neighbour Paul Walker walked into the living room and found terrified George choking — with the phone lead wound tightly round his neck. Paul, 41, ripped the phone apart to wrench the wire from George's throat.

He said: "The police split up and ran through the house thinking someone had either been attacked or was desperately ill. I went to look round as well and walked into this room and saw George choking. He was absolutely terrified and could not free himself. I knew I had to get him free quickly so I just ripped the wire out. Incredibly you could see where his paw print was on the phone to ring 999 — he literally saved his own life. When the police came into the room and realised what had happened they burst out laughing. They told me they had been sent out because of a 999 call in which the operator could only hear heavy breathing and gasping. They thought someone had collapsed or been attacked."

Paul had been left a key by college student Lydia to feed George later in the evening while she went out to do an evening shift as a waitress. Lydia said: "By the time I got back the police had gone and George was looking a little sorry for himself. It is just so lucky that his paw managed to ring 999 otherwise he would have died. We still don't know how he managed it. It's one of those old-fashioned phones with the dialing ring. He's not usually very smart. He's really dopey and just likes to chew socks."

Source: The Sun

Monday, March 19, 2012

Mobile Monday: Sleepy Girl

I missed my little girl while she was gone for a week, but Astrea did not waste any time getting comfortable back at home in her favorite sleeping spots...

2012-03-05 07.56.57

sleepygirl

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Friday, March 09, 2012

Dog Bone Warning

Have you seen this warning that's gone out recently about cooked pork bones? I bought Astrea one of these bones as a treat once. Yup, only bought it once. After she had chewed on the bone for about 30 minutes I noticed it was in several pieces and she was starting to break off sharp shards of the bone. I freaked out, and threw the whole thing away. I haven't bought one since, as much as I know she'd love one, I'm just too scared she's going to rip her insides up. I know a lot of people think they're safe, but this is definitely worth a watch and something to think about when buying treats for your dog-

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Pastry Possum!

Have you seen the Pastry Possum yet? Not only am I totally in love with him, I can totally relate. We've all be there before right? I know with Girl Scout Cookie season I may or may not have experienced this feeling a few nights ago...

Monday, March 05, 2012

Mobile Monday: Astrea and Ruca

I am FINALLY done with the bar exam. I feel very weird. This is the first time since I graduated from high school that I have had NOTHING to do. No job. No studying. It's kind of uncomfortable. But, whatever, I'm going to enjoy it for a few weeks! I sent Astrea to stay with my parents for a few days before and during the exam. Lucky girl got to play with her cousin Ruca while she was there. My dad sent me this one...


Resampled952012-02-299518-46-3095129

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails